In addition to keeping track of articles directly related to NOPOC, we sometimes find articles of tangential relevance, such as articles, features or stories about the CPUC or PG&E in general etc. These help provide some interesting background to the work we are doing.
- Emails show PG&E and regulator have 'illegal, unethical relationship,' - Santa Cruz Sentinel - July 29, 2014
- State Senator - District 13 - Jerry Hill on KSCO Good Morning Monterey Bay - July 14, 2014
- State Senator - District 17 - Bill Monning on KSCO Good Morning Monterey Bay - April 8, 2014
- PG&E indicted on criminal charges by federal grand jury in connection with San Bruno explosion - April 1, 2014
- PG&E expects criminal charges for deadly San Bruno blast - April 1, 2014
- Fight over Rooftop Solar Forecasts a Bright Future for Cleaner Energy - March 25, 2014
This video is worth the fifteen minutes of your time, though it is from 2010 and on Prop 16 it still resonates concerning the relationship between the CPUC and PG&E. We were fortunate enough to have Mr. Geesman speak at our Aptos meeting where he was quick to point out the necessity of creating friction in the system to have our voices heard. It is the job of the CPUC to address the concerns of the public in regard to PG&E's proposed Santa Cruz 115kV Reinforcement Project, but has their relationship with this private company grown too close to meet that standard?